It was a sewing day at Bellevue East High School for "Hope for Honduras." We made dresses in three different sizes for the young girls in Honduras. Kayla, pictured above turning a dress, is one of the original organizers and really is a leader in orchestrating this project. I was impressed!
We had cutting, pressing, trimming, turning and sewing stations. It was amazing how many dresses can be completed in a short period of time with everyone doing one thing.
The dress pictured below is one that I helped to make. I purchased the fabic and I enjoyed seeing the fabric turn into one of the completed dresses today.
The pattern we used has been perfected over the past few years. The dress is reversible and ties at the shoulders. They turned out really cute!! Below is an example of one of the dresses.